Mana-Camborne - Inlet-Porirua Harbour
About the profile areas
The 2013 population for Mana-Camborne - Inlet-Porirua Harbour is 2,583, with a population density of 2.78 persons per hectare.
Location and boundaries
Inlet-Porirua Harbour is essentially the very coastal edge of the entire Porirua Harbour (both arms). Mana-Camborne - Inlet-Porirua Harbour is bounded by Taupo Crescent, Plimmerton and Porirua Harbour in the north, Porirua Harbour and Paremata Road in the east, Porirua Harbour, State Highway 1, Wi Neera Drive and Tītahi Bay Road in the south, and Onepoto Road, Whiteria Park Reserve and Porirua Harbour in the west.
Mana is named after nearby Mana Island. Camborne is named after Camborne in Cornwall, England by Cornish Investments Limited which owned the land.
2013 Usual residents
hectares (9 Km2)
persons per hectare
European settlement of the area dates from the mid 1800s, with land used mainly for farming. Growth took place during the late 1800s, spurred by the opening of the main trunk railway line in 1885. Expansion resumed during the interwar period, aided by the construction of a road bridge across the harbour in 1936. During World War II, United States soldiers were stationed on land that later became the Ngātitoa Domain. Significant development occurred from the post-war years, with Camborne developed from the 1960s. The population increased marginally between 1996 and 2006 as new dwellings were added, with greater growth between 2006 and 2013.
Mana-Camborne - Inlet-Porirua Harbour is a residential area located around the harbour, with some home-based businesses and commercial land use in Mana, and helps to make up the suburbs of Camborne and Paremata.
Major features include the Ngātitoa Domain sports grounds, Mana Shops, Paremata Shops, Mana Marina, Mana Cruising Club, Paremata Boating Club, Paremata Bridge (SH 1), North Island Main Trunk Railway Bridge, Dolly Varden Reserve and Camborne Walkway and Mana and Paremata foreshores.