About the profile areas
The 2013 population for Waterloo West is 879, with a population density of 29.82 persons per hectare.
Location and boundaries
Waterloo West is bounded by Waterloo Road in the north, the railway line in the east, Hinau Street in the south, and Kauri Street, Wilford Street, Willoughby Street, Knights Road, Mahoe Street and Birch Street in the west.
Waterloo West is named after Waterloo Road, which was named after the Battle of Waterloo.
2013 Usual residents
hectares (0 Km2)
persons per hectare
European settlement of the area dates from the mid 1800s, with the area remaining rural until the 1920s. Rapid residential development took place from the 1920s, spurred by the opening of the railway line in 1927. The population was relatively stable between 1996 and 2006, and then declined slightly between 2006 and 2013, due to little change in dwelling stock and a decline in the average number of persons living in each dwelling.
Waterloo West is an established residential area.
Major features of the area include the Waterloo Interchange and Phil Evans Reserve.